No matter what sport you participate in, whether you enjoy fun run's, triathlons, marathons, iron man races or long distance cycling the intense demands on energy levels, muscle and joints place extra nutritional demands on the body. If you exercise at a high intensity for more than two hours per day on most days, it's essential to eat and drink appropriately for optimal performance and recovery. Holistix Enduro Platinum Pack - for endurance athletes or anyone on-the-go.
Muscular endurance is very important for people playing sports and who have to sustain an activity for long periods of time. Muscular endurance is determined by how well your slow twitch muscle fibers are developed. Slow twitch muscle fibers cannot exert as much force as fast twitch, but can sustain an effort over a much greater period of time. Fast twitch muscle fibers can exert a great amount of force but for a very limited amount of time. Therefore, slow twitch equals endurance, while fast twitch equals strength.
It is important to pay attention to muscular endurance if you play any sort of sports, or are involved in any sort of physical activity that lasts for quite a while. If you are looking to improve muscular endurance, the best way would be to involve yourself in just about any cardiovascular activity, such as running, biking, and playing sports. Even walking will help you stay healthy and condition your leg muscles, to a point.
- Vitamins are vital if our body is to function normally. They are absolutely necessary for our growth, general-well being and vitality.
- Calcium and magnesium are essential for muscle contraction and relaxation. Magnesium delays the onset of muscle cramps.
- Co Enzyme Q10 is a powerful antioxidant and also provides a source of energy for the body cells.
- Chromium improves insulin efficiency and therefore plays a role in the conversion of glucose into glycogen to be stored and utilised when the body requires it.
- L-Carnitine is an amino acid which transports long-chain fatty acids into the cell to be used as energy by the body.
- CLA is an omega-6 essential fatty acid and encourages the body to use areas of stored fat as energy for the body.
- L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body and is required to promote muscle repair and recovery after periods of extreme exertion.